For any Black Alumni on campus or any in the South Bend area during Black History Month, there are a number of intriguing events sponsored by a wide array of organizations and departments. Some of the standout events:
- February 17 7:30-9:0opm Coleman Morse Student LoungeAfricana Studies presents a discussion on the structures that impact the African-American family. Guest speaker: Ray Turner (Clinical Social Worker)
- February 19 7:00-9:00pm LaFortune Ballroom Black Cultural Arts Council (BCAC) presents Black Coffeehouse- a night of student, song, dance and poetry. Tickets: LaFun ticket office $5 students, $7 adults/Door $7 students, $9 adults
- February 24 7:30-9:00pm Ryan Hall A panel consisting of ND faculty and students will entertain questions from the audience about varied topics of interest to the larger African-American community. The discussion is expected to be wide-ranging.
- February 25 5:30-7:00pm Oak Hall, South Dining Hall Angela Ogbolu, ND Alum and editor-in-chief of Kitukizuri (American-based African magazine) will be on campus to discuss her work and her experience as an African woman in the United States.
- February 28 7:00pm Geddes Hall Rejoice Mass celebrated by Father Hesburgh
Congratulations to these dedicated groups and clubs for organizing such an impressive array of activities! We encourage any Black Alumni on campus during the month of February to participate in any or all of these events.